Saturday, October 11, 2008

Robert Hsu and WX

Removed copyright content and reposted

This trade is not very recent, but it is always useful to remember past trades and to evaluate the performance of a guy asking $3.000 per year for sending you a newsletter.

All begun on October 1st 2007 when Mr. Hsu was so excited from what he saw in his crystal ball to send the following message (after WX closed at $28.12):

New Buy: WuXi PharmaTech

[REMOVED]
. I want you to buy WX under $34. I expect it to hit $50 by mid-2008, giving us +70% returns from today's prices.


In less than one month WX peaked over $40 giving an imaginary profit of over 40%.


Mr. Hsu is a real tough guy. He never sets stops. And we will see the return of such a strategy in a minute. Let's preview the chart of WX and we can see how far we are, in mid-2008, from Mr. Hsu's imaginary $50.



October 10th 2007: Buy under $42.

October 17th 2007
: Buy under $42.

October 24th
: [REMOVED] and WX is a bargain under $42.
[REMOVED] That's exactly why we invested in the company. I want you to continue to buy WX under $42.

October 31st: I want you to continue to buy WX when it's under $42.

November 7th: I want you to continue to buy WX under $42.

November 14th: Given its bright growth outlook, I want you to continue to buy WX under $42.

November 21st: I wouldn't buy more WX until the broader market stabilizes.

November 28th: Buy WX under its new and adjusted limit of $30. And those who bought it at $42 a few weeks ago???

December 5th: I want you to continue to buy WX under $30.

December 12th: The stock dipped with the market and we may get another shot at buying the stock under our buy limit. Watch WX and buy on dips under $30.

December 19th: I want you to continue to buy WX under $30.

December 26th: Watch WX and grab it when it trades under $30.

January 2nd: I want you to continue to buy WX on dips under $30.

January 9th: I want you to continue to buy WX on dips under $30.

January 16th: I want you to continue to buy WX on dips under $30.

January 23rd: You should sell [REMOVED]and WuXi Pharmatech (NYSE: WX).

Not much explaination Mr. Hsu...

Close price
on January 23rd was $22.44.

Another quick -20% for Mr. Hsu, quite different from the imaginary +70%.



No comments: